The Self Insurers of South Australia (SISA) is an incorporated association that represents most of South Australia's largest private and public sector employers that are self insured under the Workers Rehabilitation & Compensation Act. Our membership represents about 36% of the State's employment by remuneration.
SISA was first incorporated on 3rd August 1984 as the Employer Managed Workers Compensation Association (EMWCA). Although it was known as SISA for many years beforehand, the name was officially changed from EMWCA to SISA in November 2005.
SISA is recognised as the sole representative organisation for self insured employers. It provides its member organisations with assistance and support in their interactions with the workers compensation scheme and promotes best practice in the prevention and management of workplace injuries.
SISA’s objectives are to promote, develop and support the interests of its members by communication and liaison with WorkCover, Government, unions and other organisations in regard to self insurance.
- To provide a single voice for self insurers and associate members, and promote, foster, develop and support the interests of members.
- To contribute to sustainable and efficient workers compensation and OH&S regimes on behalf of self insurers.
- To provide resources, information and a support network to members.
- To promote occupational health & safety and injury management best practice.
- To provide education and training to members in regard to occupational health & safety and injury management.
- To advocate improvements to legislation and occupational health & safety and injury management practices.
About SISA & Self Insurance
Annual Report 2004-05 110KB
Annual Report 2006-07 1277KB
Annual Report 2007-08 2310KB
Annual Report 2008-09 1187KB
Annual Report 2009-10 436KB
Annual Report 2010-2011 610KB
Annual Report 2011-12 1163KB