Industrial Relations Society of SA State Convention: Striking A Balance: 2012 and Beyond
Friday 19 October 2012 | Seminar / Conference
National Wine Centre, Adelaide
Join IRSSA for an enjoyable and informative Convention at the National Wine Centre. The presenters will discuss topics such as:
- “General Protections”, following the expected handing down of the High Court’s decision in Barclay;
- workplace negotiations for success;
- the future of industrial relations following Fair Work Act review.
Prominent guest speakers will include:
- The Honourable Justice Lander (Judge - Federal Court of Australia);
- Justice Iain Ross AO (President Fair Work Australia);
- Robyn Layton AO (former Supreme Court Judge of South Australia, Queens Counsel);
- Mark Irving (Barrister – Owen Dixon Chambers West) and Paul O’Grady (Barrister – Aickin Chambers) both of counsel in the Barclay case;
- Professor Ray Fells (lecturer University of Western Australia);
- Professor Andrew Stewart (John Bray Professor of Law – University of Adelaide);
- Dr Matthew Thomas, Senior Research Fellow (Appleton Institute, Queensland University.
This is an event and networking opportunity not to be missed. Twilight drinks will showcase spectacular South Australian wines and produce, with an opportunity to meet and greet the wine makers themselves.
Registrations should be made with IRSSA using the registration form attached.
Event Documentation 62KB