Why join SISA?
Self Insurers of South Australia (SISA) is an incorporated association that represents the interests of, and provides services to, employers that hold self-insurer status under the South Australian Return to Work Act 2014. We represent South Australia's largest private sector employers, all State Government Departments and Statutory Authorities, totaling 36% of the State's employee remuneration.
SISA promotes best practice workplace safety and return to work, and its objectives are to promote, develop and support the interests of its members in regard to return to work and work health & safety.
SISA also provides information and advice to its members on legislative and regulatory matters, medical fees and schedules and matters of current interest. We provide a single voice when providing the views of self insurers to ReturnToWorkSA, SafeWork SA, the State Government and Opposition. We also liaise with other employer and employee organisations on behalf of the membership.
The Association has bi-monthly general meetings which allows both full and associate members to network, share their experience and expertise, discuss current issues and exchange information and views. Each meeting has guest speakers on a range of topic of current interest to members.
SISA also provides training and holds seminars on topical issues.
SISA offers two types of membership, full and associate. Full membership is limited to organisations that actually hold self-insured status.
Associate membership can be taken up by any organisation that:
- is eligible for, but has not yet obtained, self-insured status under the Act, or
- is a company that provides services to self-insurers, or
- is listed on the employer location schedule of an employer who is a full member
- is an agency or instrumentality of the Crown
An associate member may attend all general meetings of the Association but does not have voting rights. Associate membership offers the full range of member services and benefits, as well as providing companies that supply goods and services with a commercial presence in a potentially large market.
By joining SISA, your company can:
- Become part of a respected voice in work health & safety and return to work in South Australia and nationally.
- Gain access to advice and member services.
- Be a part of a dynamic and progressive community.
- Contribute to, and benefit from, a wide range of shared knowledge, experience and expertise from some of the most capable WHS and return to work practitioners in the State.
Due to sound financial management and generous support from our sponsors, membership fees have not increased for several years:
|Full year, or join by end of Oct||Join 1 Nov - 28 Feb|
|Full (<1,000 employees)||$2,597||$259||$2,856||$1,298||$129||$1,427|
|Full (1,000+ employees)||$3,621||$362||$3,983||$1,810||$181||$1,991|
- Should your organisation decide to join SISA before 1 November in any year, the full year’s fee is payable and will run until the following 30th June.
- Should your organisation decide to join SISA between 1 November and 28 February in any year, the fee is 50% of the full year and will run until the following 30th June.
- Should your organisation decide to join SISA after 1 March any year, the full year’s fee is payable and will run for the balance of that year and until 30th June of the following year.