Privacy and SISA
SISA ("we", "us" or "our") has adopted the following principles with respect to the privacy of personal information collected through this website ("site").
By accessing and using our site or by submitting information to us, you consent to our collection and use of personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Collection and use of submitted information
We may collect and retain personal and other information about you ("submitted information") when:
- you send us an email
- you complete and submit an online form
- you make an on-line payment to SISA
The submitted information which we retain may include your email address and personal or commercial information which relates to the ongoing business of SISA.
You acknowledge and agree that submitted information may be used by us to the extent reasonably required in connection with the operation of SISA and our compliance with the provisions of our Constitution and the Associations Incorporation Act (SA) and all other laws by which SISA is bound.
This use may include the disclosure of submitted information to other third parties where reasonably necessary or required by law.
Whilst we endeavour to implement reasonable security precautions, we are unable to guarantee that unauthorised access to information submitted to us by you will not occur, either during transmission of that information using the Internet or after we receive that information.
If you submit information to any other site accessed through a link from our site, the privacy principles applying to any information you submit to that site are outside our control. You should check the privacy policies of any other site before submitting information to that site.
Cookies are used in two locations on our website.
- On the home page to store the users preference to see a Flash driven menu system or a plain image based menu system. This cookie does not facilitate any tracking of users nor is it used for reporting on preferences of users to see either version of the menu system.
- In the store to track and manage the contents of the shopping cart. The cookie is destroyed once shopping is complete.
- When you visit our website, our servers record:
- your server (IP) address and machine name
- the date and time of visit to this website and time spent on particular pages
- pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the date and time of login for users with Member access
- the number of bytes transmitted and received for each request
- the previous site or page visited
- the search engine and keywords used
- any linked referral
- the type of browser used and its operating system (collectively called "clickstream data").
We may examine clickstream data to determine the traffic through the server as well as access levels to specific pages. No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities from clickstream data except in the circumstances specified below.
If we or any authority suspect that unauthorised access or use of the Site has occurred or may occur or be attempted, we may gather, use and disclose more extensive information than indicated above regarding access or attempted access to the website for the purposes of prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution.
Access to personal information
We will provide you with access to your personal information on reasonable request and subject to your agreement to pay our access charges if:
- it is practicable for us to do so and we have no other reasonable grounds for refusing access
- the request is not frivolous or vexatious
- access will not have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- the information does not relate to existing or anticipated legal proceedings (other than information accessible through the discovery process)
- access will not reveal our intentions in relation to any negotiations with you
- access is not unlawful
- denying access is not required or authorised by law
- access will not prejudice any prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of possible unlawful or improper activity.
We will correct any errors in the personal information which we collect about you upon receipt of written evidence from you which satisfies us that a correction is required.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact SISA on 8234 9522 or email us. Please note information sent by email is not necessarily secure.